TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY
Last Updated: October 2014
1. You may access areas of the Sunscious Website that require registration by authenticating with your social network profiles and/or creating an account with us. You agree to be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords or other account identifiers which you choose and all activities that occur under your account.
2. By registering on the Sunscious, you agree that:
i. Your account, password and social network access are personal to you and may not be used by anyone else to access Sunscious.
ii. You will not create registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the site, or other users; nor will you seek to pass yourself off as another user.
iii. You agree to notify us immediately if you become aware any unauthorized use of your password or account identifiers by others (email@example.com).
3. If don't accept these terms and conditions, or any future modification to these terms and conditions, you must cease using Sunscious. Continued use of Sunscious indicates your continued acceptance of these terms and conditions.
4. If, for any reason, we believe that you have not complied with these terms and conditions, we may, at our sole discretion, cancel your access to the registration areas of Sunscious immediately and without prior notice.
PROTECTING OTHER PEOPLE'S RIGHTS
5. We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
6. You will not post content or take any action on Sunscious that infringes or violates someone else's rights (including intellectual property) or otherwise violates the law.
7. We can remove any content or information you post on Sunscious if we believe that it violates previous statement or our policies (if it's not a positive news, has violent or obscene content, etc).
8. If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright (editing an RSS feed, violating the intellectual property of it, etc) or for its inherent nature (not a positive news, violent or obscene content, etc), and you believe we removed it by mistake, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
10. You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including Sunscious, the Sunscious, "Snap into a Good News", and S Logos), or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly with our prior written permission.
11. You will get the default permission to share URL´s from other news sites. You will get the permission to write up news of your own intellectual property as soon as you reach the publishing credentials *
12. When active as a publisher user (user with credentials), you will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Sunscious or any content that violates our policies (not a positive news, with violent or obscene content, etc).
13. We can apply Protecting Other People's Rights Term # 5 and 6 to publisher users (users with credentials).* How to get credentials? Go to Sunscious Tutorial.
SPECIAL PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO DEVELOPERS/OPERATORS OF APPLICATIONS AND WEBSITES
If you are a developer or operator of a Platform application or website, the following additional terms apply to you:
14. You are responsible for your application and its content and all uses you make of that Platform. This includes ensuring your application or use of a computing Platform meets our policies and advertising guidelines.
15. Your access to and use of data you receive from Sunscious, will be limited as follows:
iv. You will only request data you need to operate your application.
v. We can limit your access to data.vi. You will not show third party ads or web search boxes on www.sunscious.com.
vii. We give you all rights necessary to use the code, APIs, data, and tools you receive from us.
viii. You will not sell, transfer, or sublicense our code, APIs, or tools to anyone.
16. You will not misrepresent your relationship with Sunscious to others.
17. You may use the logos we make available to developers or issue a press release or other public statement so long as you follow our policies.
18. We can issue a press release describing our relationship with you.
19. You will comply with all applicable laws. In particular you will (if applicable):
i. have a policy for removing infringing content and terminating repeat infringers that complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
20. We do not guarantee that our Platform will always be free of charge.
21. You give us all rights necessary to enable your application to work with Sunscious, including the right to incorporate content and information you provide to us into our map, our timeline, and eventual user action stories.
22. You give us the right to link to or frame your application, and place content, including ads, around your application.
23. We can analyze your application, content, and data for any purpose, including commercial (such as for targeting the delivery of advertisements and indexing content for search).
24. We can create applications that offer similar features and services to, or otherwise compete with, your application.
ABOUT ADVERTISEMENTS AND OTHER COMMERCIAL CONTENT SERVED OR ENHANCED BY SUNSCIOUS
25. You are responsible for your application and its content and all uses you make of your Platform. This includes ensuring your application or use of your Platform meets our policies and advertising guidelines.
ii. We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
iii. We may always identify paid services and communications as such.
iv. You may download and print extracts from Sunscious for your own personal and non-commercial use only, provided you maintain and abide by any author attribution, copyright or trademark notice or restriction in any material that you download or print.
The goal of these functions is to suggest a model of direct democracy developed through the Web 2.0 potentials.
SUNSCIOUS NEWS SHARING /VOTING
26. Users are invited to share and/or vote the news increasing our news data and evaluating its positive quality or category. The principle on which the voting is based will be transparent and user-friendly.
27. This kind of interactivity will allow the NEWS:
v. To be rejected and removed from the portal if voted as not positive.
vi. To be approved or marked with a new icon on the map, changing the publishers.
28. All the news could be voted based on a statistical method and all the published news could change its category and positioning accordingly.
THE SUNSCIOUS REPORTS
29. This area intends to propose Sunscious as a reference barometer, working as a tool to allow any private or public entity to provide statistical evaluations (from our built-up data). Our statistics don’t cross-check data or generate any formal scientific results other than our own good news -accumulated in time and processed- data.
30. This area intends to propose Sunscious as a reference barometer, working as a tool to allow any private or public entity to provide statistical evaluations (from our built-up data). Our statistics don't cross-check data or generate any formal scientific results other than our own good news -accumulated in time and processed- data.
31. This area intends to propose Sunscious as a reference barometer, working as a tool to allow any private or public entity to provide statistical evaluations (from our built-up data). Our statistics don't cross-check data or generate any formal scientific.
179-181 North End Road
London W14 9NL
Attn: Valentina Hernadez
Phone: +39 345 2494037